Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Procrastination Syndrome...Themed Cake: Angry Bird

Shame on me.... what's my excuse this time.... Diablo 3!!  I've been playing this game for the past 3 months now... enough excuses...  I should make it my goal to post at least 1 entry every month!

My co-worker's daughter's birthday was on June 10th.  Two week prior I overheard her in the next office talking about how she wanted to buy a themed cake for her daughter's 8th birthday and was waiting on pricing confirmations from bakers.  As soon as she passed my office door, I waved her inside and asked her about the cake she was going to get her daughter.  She showed me some Angry Bird Cakes.  I ashed her which cake had she planed on getting her daughter from the pictures she showed me and it was a 2 layer cake, being a rectangle base, and a circle second layer.  I then asked her how much she would be charged for such beautiful cakes and I was astonished to hear that it would be approximately $400.  I looked at it and said that I could replicate that cake and charge only half the price.  She was a bit skeptical, but I quickly whipped out my iPhone and showed her my past wedding cakes and she was convinced.  For the next half hour we planned out the detail of the cake.  It took me a whole week to plan out her cake and prepare the marshmallow fondant ready a few days before.    I took the Friday off to baked the cake in the morning and masked it in the evening. 

 On the day of her daughter's birthday, I delivered the cake with my car's AC BLASTING because it was incredibly hot!.  I was soooooooo afraid the cake was going to melt.

Everything turned out well.  I assembled the cake at her house and all the kids were excited.  It made me really happy **blush**

Piggies make out of Timbits wrapped with marshmallow fondant!!!
 
It was very tiring and labour intensive.  All-in-all I was very pleased with the results! It's a matter of time before I do another cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment